|Photo by Sarah Marcus, LISD
With grants to the City of Lewisville and the Lewisville Educational Foundation, which supports Lewisville ISD, the group will fund the following projects, all in Southern Lewisville:
- An expansion of an elementary school playground to accommodate kindergartners
- School gardens at 5 schools
- Equipment for an Early Childhood Center
- A full-featured community-accessible WeatherBug weather station with HD camera and monitor
- All-weather furniture for an outdoor teaching environment
- New electronic equipment and technology for a middle-school band hall.
- An outdoor science lab.
- Test preparation software for first-generation college-bound students to help them achieve higher ACT/SAT/PSAT scores
- A dozen park benches for Central Park
Schools receiving grants are:
- Lillie J. Jackson Early Childhood Development Center
- Marshall Durham Middle School
- Creekside Elementary School
- Lakeland Elementary School
- Hedrick Middle School
- Lewisville Elementary School
- Lewisville Learning Center
- Parkway Elementary School
- Lewisville High School
The CPANA Board thanks all of the grant applicants for their time in providing us the opportunity to review their needs. CPANA received over $124,000 worth of requests through LISD alone, in addition to more than $500,000 worth of projects the City of Lewisville had previously pitched. Ultimately, the board had to choose the projects that it felt spread the benefit over our entire neighborhood area, were permanent and tangible, did the most good, and fit with the spirit of our organization.